1823 - 1859 (35 years)
||Anna Maria ROBERTSON |
||2 Dec 1823
||Eton, Buckinghamshire [1, 2]
||1 May 1859
||Grassdale, Sale, Victoria, Australia [1, 2]
- According to Helen Connell, Anna was the daughter of Charles John Robertson (1779-1834) and Mary née Briarly .
||17 Apr 2017 |
||Ffloyd Minter PECK, b. 20 Apr 1820, Newmarket, Suffolk , d. 7 Jan 1864, Sale, Victoria, Australia (Age 43 years) |
||17 Mar 1847
||Episcopal District Chapel of St Peter, Hammersmith, London 
- Married by licence. Floyd Minter Peck, full age, bachelor, surgeon of Folkestone, Kent, father Robert James Peck, surgeon. Anna Maria Robertson, full age, spinster of 37 St Peter's Green, Hammersmith, father Charles John Robertson, gentleman (dec'd). Both signed full names. Witnesses [unreadable], Thomas Edward Briarly, Mary Briarly Robertson, Caroline Sophia Harefield (?) and Henry Robertson.
| ||1. Mary PECK, b. 28 Jan 1848, Newmarket, Suffolk , d. 30 Apr 1929, East St Kilda, Victoria, Australia (Age 81 years)|
| ||2. Annie PECK, b. 23 Dec 1850, Newmarket, Suffolk , d. 1929, Carlton, Victoria, Australia (Age 78 years)|
| ||3. Alice Henrietta PECK, b. 27 Dec 1851, Newmarket, Suffolk , d. 2 Sep 1927, Hove, Sussex, England (Age 75 years)|
| ||4. Charles James PECK, b. 14 Oct 1853, Newmarket, Suffolk , d. 30 Jan 1893, Sale, Victoria, Australia (Age 39 years)|
| ||5. Henry Floyd Rutherford PECK, b. 7 Feb 1857, Newmarket, Suffolk , d. 9 May 1915, Worton, East Malvern, Victoria, Australia (Age 58 years)|
| ||6. Emily Frances PECK, b. 18 Apr 1859, Grassdale, Sale, Victoria, Australia , d. 1927, St Kilda, Victoria, Australia (Age 67 years)|
||23 Nov 2009 15:59:00 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Anna Maria Robertson 1823 - 1859|
Anna Maria, who married Ffloyd Minter Peck in 1847, was a talented amateur artist. Anna is mentioned by Helen Connell in "Family Migration in the 1850s - the Hedley - Peck - Minter party". She is described as a "talented artist, having been awarded the silver medal (amateur) in 1841 by the Society of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce for her water colour drawing of fruit and flowers." It's not known whether this picture is the one which won the medal.
||Anna Maria Robertson 1823 - 1859|
The back of the still life painting. On the left-hand side is a letter stuck to the rear of the painting from Oenone Palmer to her nephew Robert Stanley Hickman Molesworth (RSHM):
"24c Brunswick Gardens
7th September 1957
"Infact 1975" [RSHM's hand]
Some kind friend is getting my "scribblings" typed as I inherited
both my grandfather's father's writing!!
I will send one copy to Richard & [brother of RSHM]
Annie, as early life in Australia may
ammuse them, re how primitive some of it was!
Perhaps you would pass on yours to Bridget to read.
The beautiful picture you have was
done by Anna Maria Robertson
I think my mother's grandmother.
I wonder does Burkes Peerage"
The note on the right-hand side was made by RSHM and points to "I think my mother's grandmother" of the above letter:
"No I think Anna Maria Robertson
was Oenone's grandmother because
1) I have a copy of the certificate of
the marriage on 17/3/1847 of Floyd Minter
Peck surgeon of Folkestone to Anna Maria
2) Debretts proof shows Oenone's
maternal grandfather to be Floyd Minter
Peck surgeon of Newmarket & Sale.
3) Oenone's mother died aged 75 (in 1927) would have been born in
- [S57] Husband's Notes.
- [S210] Helen Connell, February 2015 and later.
- [S88] London Metropolitan Archives at Ancestry.co.uk, September 2009 and later, Q1 1847 Kensington 3/206. (Reliability: 3).