Abt 1775 - 1855 (~ 80 years)
||Richard Minter |
||Thelveton, Norfolk 
||3 Mar 1855
||Palgrave, Suffolk 
- JJM: May have been Governor of Wortham Workhouse. Also a weaver.
The following 3 items were found at http://www.a2a.org.uk/. They are taken from the Wortham Parish Records:
1. Bastardy maintenance order - ref. FB131/G2/22 - date: 21st February 1803. For male child of Martha Kemp by Richard Minter, junior, of Wortham, whitester. Rod Minter adds that Martha Kemp's son is Richard Minter Kemp, born 1801.
2. Bond - ref. FB131/G2/53 - date: 28th November 1803. Richard Minter the Younger of Wortham, whitester, to churchwardens and overseers for £100 to indemnify parish from two male bastard children of Elizabeth Marjoram by Richard Minter the Younger.
Rod Minter adds that the first of these children was the Richard Marjorem referred to in the reference below of 24 March 1817. The second child was Elizabeth Marjoram's son John Marjoram, born 1803.
Rod Minter also writes "John Marjoram and John Minter of Palgrave (b. 1803, d.1839) were cousins and turn up rather regularly in the petty sessions of the local magistrates! John Marjoram married Rhoda Batteley at Wortham in 1826. He died (haven't the date to hand), but by 1834 she married Herod Wilby .
The Palgrave 1841 census shows Richard Minter + wife and offspring, along with Rhoda and Herod, + Wilby children + some Marjoram children, all in the same residence. Sort of keeps it in the family!"
3. 24th March 1817: Information and complaint of Richard Minter of Wortham, bleacher, against William Tricker of Eye, collar-maker, for not keeping to his agreement with Richard Marjerom his apprentice. Rod Minter adds that the apprenticeship relates to the first child of Elizabeth Marjoram, born 1801.
A further item has been found by Dick Moore: information and complaint of Richard Minter on 13 July 1812 against Thomas Hardingham for not keping to the terms of an agreement.
1841 census: Richard, 65, agricultural labourer, Elizabeth, 60, Elizabeth, 20 and Eliza, 14, were at Wortham Ling House, Palgrave. Richard was born outside Suffolk. (Adult ages +/- 5 years). See above re other inhabitants of Wortham Ling House.
Daughter Ann was probably the Ann Minter, age 20, not born Norfolk, a servant at the home of Hezekiah BALLS and family in Half Moon Street, Diss, Norfolk
1851 census: at Mill Hay Lane (?), Palgrave, Suffolk, Richard (76, whitesmith, born Shelton, Norfolk), daughters Elizabeth (34) and Eliza (23) and granddaughter Elizabeth (3 months - Eliza's daughter see 1861 census under Eliza). Rod Minter writes ""Thelton" was always used for "Thelveton" at this period and later. This is why the 1851 enumerator gets Richard Minter's birthplace wrong and mistakenly calls it "Shelton""
Richard's death was reported in The Times (London, England), Tuesday, Mar 06, 1855; pg. 1; Issue 21994.:
"On Saturday, the 3d inst.,, Mr Richard Minter, of black fever, in the 80th year of his age, at Millway Palgrave, Diss, Norfolk."
||North Suffolk, Suffolk
||17 Nov 2015 |
||Richard Minter, b. Bef 28 Sep 1740, Yaxley, Suffolk , d. Bef 8 May 1813, Thelveton, Norfolk (Age ~ 72 years) |
||Mary MUSKETT, b. Bef 29 Jul 1744, Thelveton, Norfolk , d. Bef 11 Aug 1785, Thelveton, Norfolk (Age ~ 41 years) |
||4 Jan 1774 
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Elizabeth DRANE, b. Abt 1781, d. 15 Jul 1847, Palgrave, Suffolk (Age ~ 66 years) |
||31 Jan 1805
||St Andrew at Thelveton, Norfolk 
- From FreeGEN: Richard Minter of Wortham and Elizabeth Drane of this parish. Witnesses Wm. Drane and Samuel Foreman. Married by licence.
| ||1. Richard Minter, b. 10 Oct 1805, Wortham, Suffolk , d. Bef 18 Oct 1840, Cambridge (Age 35 years)|
| ||2. William Minter, b. 23 Jun 1809, Wortham, Suffolk , d. Bef 5 Sep 1855, Newington, London (Age 46 years)|
| ||3. Thomas Minter, b. 9 Feb 1814, Wortham, Suffolk , d. Bef 9 Aug 1823, Wortham, Suffolk (Age 9 years)|
| ||4. Elizabeth Minter, b. 13 Feb 1817, Wortham, Suffolk , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||5. Anne Minter, b. 30 Mar 1820, Wortham, Suffolk , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||6. Mary Minter, b. 1 Apr 1822, Wortham, Suffolk , d. 9 Feb 1864, Spring Cottage, Paddington, London (Age 41 years)|
| ||7. Eliza Minter, b. Bef 6 Feb 1826, Wortham, Suffolk , d. Bef 19 Feb 1826, Palgrave, Suffolk (Age ~ 0 years)|
| ||8. Eliza Minter, b. Bef 23 Apr 1827, Wortham, Suffolk , d. Sep 1916, Reading RD (Age ~ 89 years)|
||8 Sep 2009 20:26:00 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- [S27] Rod Minter February 2006.
- [S2] BMD index (Reliability: 3).
Q1 1855 Hartismere 4a/410. Date from John J. Minter.
- [S67] FreeGEN, May 2009.