1837 - 1920 (82 years)
||Henry Lavender Minter |
||19 Sep 1837
||St. Annes, Soho, London [1, 2]
||24 Nov 1837
||St. Annes, Soho, London 
||24 May 1920
||East Finchley, Middlesex 
- Apprenticed to Charles John Jarvis Smith of 1 Birchin Lane, Cornhill in the City of London on 4 May 1853 to learn the art of General Engraver. The apprenticeship to be for 7 years.
Was a witness at sister Alice's marriage in 1860.
1861 census: at 83 Berwick Street, London, aged 23, a heraldic and general engraver, unmarried.
1871 & 1881 census: no trace.
1891 census: at Woodside, 36 Baronsmere Road, East Finchley, Henry L (53, engraver, gold & silver), Ellen A (38) and Frederick W (1).
Post Office Directory 1894 & 1898 has Henry Minter, Woodside, Baronsmere Road, East Finchley, London N.
1901 census: at 36 Baronsmere Road, East Finchley, Henry L (63, living on own means), Ellen A (47) and Frederick W (11).
Kelly's Directory for Wood Green, Muswell Hill etc, 1907 - 08 and 1910 - 11 has Henry L Minter, Woodside, Baronsmere Road, East Finchley, London N.
1911 census: at 36 Baronsmere Road, East Finchley, London (7 rooms), Henry L (head, 73, married, private means, born Soho, London), Ellen A (wife, 58, married 25 years, 2 children, 1 living 1 died, born Bridport, Dorset) and Frederick W (son, 21, single, no occupation, born St James, London).
Form signed Henry L Minter.
Kelly's Directory of Wood Green, Muswell Hill ..., 1912-13 shows Henry L Minter, still at 36 Baronsmere Road, East Finchley (house name apparently Woodside).
England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1861-1941 (at Ancestry.co.uk, Nov 2010):
MINTER Henry Lavender of 36 Baronsmere-road East Finchley Middlesex died 24 May 1920 Probate London 15 July 1920 to Ellen Amelia Minter widow and Frederick William Minter mechanical engineer. Effects £4177 3s.
||10 Nov 2015 |
||George Minter, b. Bef 3 May 1803, Sittingbourne, Kent , d. 1 May 1887, Margate, Kent (Age ~ 83 years) |
||Mary Eliza BRIGGS, b. Abt 1799, London , d. 3 Mar 1856, Soho, London (Age ~ 57 years) |
||15 Mar 1827
||St. George Hanover Square, Westminster, London 
- George Minter a bachelor of this parish and Mary Eliza Briggs a spinster of the parish of St James Westminster were married in this church by licence this fifteenth day of March in the year 1827. Both signed. Witnesses Alice Wilson, Edward Spittle both signed.
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Ellen Amelia STRONG, b. Abt 1853, Bridport, Dorset , d. 2 Jan 1928, Hornsey, Middlesex (Age ~ 75 years) |
||16 Mar 1886
||St James, Westminster, London [5, 6]
- Henry Lavender Minter, 48, bachelor, engineer of 42 Poland Street, father George Minter, gentleman. Ellen Amelia Strong, 32, spinster of 42 Poland Street, father Peter Strong, farmer. Both signed full names. Witnesses John K Strong, Kate E Strong both signed.
| ||1. Frederick William Minter, b. Sep 1889, Westminster, London , d. 14 Jan 1960, Street, Somerset (Age ~ 70 years)|
| ||2. Alice Maud Minter, b. Bef 17 Apr 1892, East Finchley, Middlesex , d. Dec 1892, Barnet RD (Age ~ 0 years)|
||10 Jun 2014 19:54:00 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
|Died - 24 May 1920 - East Finchley, Middlesex
- [S14] BMD index, probably the male child registered in Q4 1837, Strand 1/200. (Reliability: 3).
- [S146] Baptismal register at findmypast.co.uk, June 2014.
- [S14] BMD index, aged 82, Q2 1920 Barnet 3a/389. (Reliability: 3).
- [S17] Cliff Minter.
- [S14] BMD index, Q1 1886 Westminster 1a/774. (Reliability: 3).
- [S145] Marriage register at findmypast.co.uk, June 2014.